We are so excited to announce our new show for 2020; The Ethical Wedding Show. We have one date confirmed so far which is March 29th in Manchester’s Victoria Baths. We have been overwhelmed with enquiries but also questions so wanted to answer some of them here. It will also help you to decide as a couple whether you’d like to attend.
Why The Ethical Wedding Show?
Being ethically minded in your life choices and therefore your wedding choices is one of our core values and always has been. Let’s face it, choosing vintage which is where we began, is a great way to be eco-friendly, cut down your carbon footprint and recycle (and look good too!). We know that our couples love the planet as well as each other so want to have a positive impact with their spend for their big day. They don’t want single use plastic. They want to know that their venue follows good practices with their recycling and supports local businesses. They don’t want a load of tat from China.
How Ethical will the show be?
We are firm believers that a million people embracing being ethical imperfectly is better than a few people doing it perfectly. Therefore we have designed a 5 point criteria for our businesses with every one involved having to meet at least 3. This therefore means they may be less good at one aspect – but overall they are making a difference. And want to.
We could have called it The Ethical-ish Wedding Show. or the Ethically Minded Wedding Show. But that get’s a bit wordy so instead we promise that everyone involved is doing their bit.
The 5 points are:
- SUPPORTING LOCAL – to bring down their carbon footprint, to support communities and small businesses here in the UK.
- NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC – reducing plastic use overall and cutting out single use plastic
- BEST RECYCLING PRACTICES – using recycled materials, and recycling afterwards
- CARING FOR WILDLIFE – adding a large vegan choice, not using chemicals that harm nature, and generally loving the planet
- SUPPORTING OTHER ECO INITIATIVES – supporting charities, reducing waste, donating after the day, excellent working practices, hand making items that last forever…..
What to expect at The Ethical Wedding Show
We will have great suppliers as always ready to support you and show you their beautiful products. We will also have talks, demos, workshops and a fashion show. More details to follow but for now:
YOU CAN BUY VIP TICKETS HERE FOR £10 – where you can enjoy some British booze and get an eco goody bag, plus a free copy of BOND Bride Magazine for £10. This also includes a £1 donation to Brides Do Good charity, helping to stop child marriage worldwide including the UK and we will plant a tree for every VIP guest that comes.