If you are currently planning a vintage wedding, or looking for wedding inspiration we suspect you will be quite familiar with handmade and vintage marketplace Etsy. Selling products from around the world it is a wonderful collection of bespoke items you just wont find anywhere else, the hardest part is making a choice! Todays selection is five gorgeous wedding headdresses we at the National Vintage Wedding Fair just adore…
If you like your accessories simple pick a beautiful hair comb such as this one. Look for one with flashes of pretty blue for your ‘something blue’ good luck.
If you want to feel like a fairy princess then a fantasy tiara is the way to go. Be brave and embrace the wilder side of bridal style.
Want to be queen for the day? For the ultimate in wedding styling a wedding crown is just amazing.
More a bohemian bride? Vintage wax flowers in your hair will look beautiful…these have so much history to them too – your ‘something old’ will be sorted!
For old school glamour a bridal hat rather than a veil and tiara will make you feel like a 1950’s film star.
Our 5 Etsy buying tips –
- Be clever with your search options. Use specific colour and shape descriptions as keywords. So instead of just searching for ‘pink dress’, search for cerise dress, fuchsia dress, pastel dress, blush dress, coral dress etc. Search every day as people list all the time and you don’t want to miss out on the perfect item because you didn’t find it in time.
- Consider the location of your seller. You can buy globally on Etsy but factor in timescales, postage costs, customs charges and language differences.
- Use Paypal. This will protect both you and the seller and provide you with extra protection in case of a problem.
- Request samples. This one is particularly key if you’re thinking about co-ordinating lots of different products together, as colours can vary widely and photographs aren’t always accurate. Most sellers should be open to sending you small samples, especially if you’re willing to pay postage or a small fee.
- Read the feedback and ask about the return policy. Check out what other shoppers have said as comments and reviews are a great sources of information. When you’re buying products sight unseen, there should always be an easy return or exchange option. Check out the seller’s return policy, and if it’s not on the site, feel free to ask about it.
Are you going to be a vintage bride soon? Come visit one of our upcoming vintage wedding fairs in Cambridge on 14th September, Harrogate on 21st September, or in London on 9th November and find everything you need for your big day. For more details check the website – www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk.
Written by Sarah Gorlov.
Wedding Businesses - Get Business Support!
Sign up to receive our weekly email focused on supporting you to grow your wedding business. You'll also get PR opportunities, show news and information on our charity masterclasses.
I need to to thank you for this good read!!
I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it.
I have got you book-marked to look at new stuff you post