If you are currently planning a vintage wedding, or looking for wedding inspiration we suspect you will be quite familiar with handmade and vintage marketplace Etsy. Selling products from around the world it is a wonderful collection of bespoke items you just won’t find anywhere else, the hardest part is making a choice! Todays Etsy selection is five place cards to make any wedding table look amazing.
These little chalkboard place cards sitting on a little wooden easel would give any guest table a cute decorative personalised touch for each guest, they could also be used for labelling food on either a buffet table or candy bar. Add the larger sizes for table numbers or more detailed signage.
For a pretty look these applique bird place cards are adorable. Individually cut from cornflower blue felt fabric, these beautiful love birds have been hand stitched with a coordinating ditsy print making them the ideal finishing touch for a shabby chic, rustic or vintage style wedding.
A square laser cut handmade wedding place card is so striking to look at and can be made to match a laser cut wedding invitation or menu card. The white colour-way is so elegant and will work with any wedding theme.
Inspired by English country garden weddings, this charming handmade place card would be perfect for any vintage wedding. The unique place card design consists of a wooden teak label, pearlescent paper and textured card printed with a floral design, and finished with ribbon and twine. The place card can be printed with your required name, or left blank for you to write by hand.
For a more DIY version why not pick a print at home version? We love this beautiful, simple antique book style folded place card available to print yourself at home. This design has a blank space on the front for you to fill in your guest’s names by hand.
Our 5 Etsy buying tips –
- Be clever with your search options. Use specific colour and shape descriptions as keywords. So instead of just searching for ‘pink dress’, search for cerise dress, fuchsia dress, pastel dress, blush dress, coral dress etc. Search every day as people list all the time and you don’t want to miss out on the perfect item because you didn’t find it in time.
- Consider the location of your seller. You can buy globally on Etsy but factor in timescales, postage costs, customs charges and language differences.
- Use Paypal. This will protect both you and the seller and provide you with extra protection in case of a problem.
- Request samples. This one is particularly key if you’re thinking about co-ordinating lots of different products together, as colours can vary widely and photographs aren’t always accurate. Most sellers should be open to sending you small samples, especially if you’re willing to pay postage or a small fee.
- Read the feedback and askabout the return policy. Check out what other shoppers have said as comments and reviews are a great sources of information. When you’re buying products sight unseen, there should always be an easy return or exchange option. Check out the seller’s return policy, and if it’s not on the site, feel free to ask about it.
Are you going to be a vintage bride soon? Need some vintage wedding ideas? Come visit one of our upcoming vintage wedding fairs in Stoke Newington, London on 12th October and Chiswick, London on 9th November and find everything you need for your big day. For more details check the website – www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk.