Here’s an easy and pretty way to incorporate a handmade element into your day and liven up your tables with a gorgeous pop of colour. The DIY wedding tutorial is by Carrie Southall Design who is a London based wedding designer and stylist.
You will need:
* Water colour paper – we used A4 for this DIY, but you could use A3 for larger * placemats!
* Watercolour paint – we used Windsor & Newton Artists watercolour tube in ‘Quinacridone Magenta’
* Paintbrush ( worth investing in a nice watercolour one)
1. Get yourself set up with your paper on newspaper or cloth to protect your work surface. Grab yourself a jar of water and squeeze some of the paint onto a plate.
3. Dip your brush in the water, give it a good swirl around and then start working the paint outwards with the watery brush. Keep washing out the brush and working towards the centre of the paper with the water until you have your desired watercolour effect.
And…If you love this DIY wedding idea but are daunted by creating 100 or so of them, then just do half the number of guests. I think they would be more effective at every other place setting. Or simply use them as a table centre.