The ECO Wedding Show (formerly The Ethical Wedding Show) is in Cambridge in spring 2022 at the fabulous Willow Grange Farm on March 20th. It is a show for eco, ethically-minded couples who love the planet as well as each other. Set in a really cool barn – this one’s for you if you want this outdoor vibe but with a slight industrial edge.
Every supplier has been handpicked for The ECO Wedding Show, not just for their gorgeous product and impeccable service, but because they too care about the planet.
They have worked hard to reduce their plastic use before, during, and after your wedding.
They have introduced vegan versions to give more choice, and because they care.
They have been clever with recycling or up-cycling in their designs as well as after your wedding.
They source locally to keep their carbon footprint low.
They embrace pre-loved or vintage.
But this doesn’t mean quality has dropped. Neither does it mean they don’t deliver the creative luxe weddings we are known for here at Magpie Wedding.
Why The ECO Wedding Show?
Being eco-minded in your life choices and therefore your wedding choices is one of our core values and always has been. Let’s face it, choosing vintage which is where we began, is a great way to be eco-friendly, cut down your carbon footprint and recycle (and look good too!). We know that our couples love the planet as well as each other so want to have a positive impact with their spend for their big day. They don’t want single-use plastic. They want to know that their venue follows good practices with their recycling and supports local businesses. They don’t want a load of tat from China.
How ECO will the show be?
We are firm believers that a million people embracing being ethical imperfectly is better than a few people doing it perfectly. Therefore we have designed a 5 point criteria for our businesses with everyone involved having to meet at least 3. This, therefore, means they may be less good at one aspect – but overall they are making a difference. And want to.
ECO stands for Ethical, Creative and Off Beat – the shows will be this as is Magpie Wedding!
The 5 points are:
- SUPPORTING LOCAL – to bring down their carbon footprint, to support communities and small businesses here in the UK.
- NO SINGLE-USE PLASTIC – reducing plastic use overall and cutting out single-use plastic
- BEST RECYCLING PRACTICES – using recycled materials, and recycling afterward
- CARING FOR WILDLIFE – adding a large vegan choice, not using chemicals that harm nature, and generally loving the planet
- SUPPORTING OTHER ECO INITIATIVES – supporting charities, reducing waste, donating after the day, excellent working practices, hand-making items that last forever…..
What you need to know
The ECO Wedding Show is on March 20th 2022 and doors open at 11 and close at 3.00