Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue… this inspiration shoot encompasses it all! Set at the historic and edgy Asylum Chapel London it’s an eclectic mix of industrial meets classic and contemporary beauty. Greta of Greta Louise Photography creates magic on set with her stunning photography that captures the details of the shoot beautifully
“I wanted something a little different for this shoot, something bright, colourful and contemporary but at the same time in contrast with the old Asylum building. This venue works for all types of weddings, it’s an old derelict building and it’s very unique.”
“Knowing what you want, is the most important thing in wedding planning. If you like bold colours and wildflowers then stick to that. Use the surroundings and most importantly trust the photographer, we see things that you may not and the outcome will be fab.”
- Photography – “Choosing the photographer is the most important part of your day. When the cake is gone and the dress is off you’ll have the photos to look back on. Find someone who reflects your ideas, someone you can genuinely get along with.”
- Dress – “When it comes to the dress start with what you like, try it on and see if it suits you. If it doesn’t be open-minded to finding something a little different to what you have in mind, you’ll look amazing.”
- Cake – “Try it, taste it and choose something that stands out.”
- Hair and Makeup – Find someone that really understands what you are looking for. Check out their website and see if their style suits your dream end result.
Flowers for most people are a huge part of their wedding and we have some amazing advice from The V.V Group…
“Finding your perfect wedding florist can be a minefield unless you are fortunate enough to have a friend or family member in the industry. As a wedding florist, my best advice is to go with someone that makes your heart flow. When you see their IG feed, watch their tik-toks or see them pop up on your stories you think – “yes that’s the one”. I already know who my wedding florist will be, and I am single, but finding one with the wow- factor doesn’t just happen by searching #weddingflorist. There is a lady where I live who is sought after for weddings, she is always fully booked and highly expensive because her work is phenomenal. Her skills, experience and style have led her to this point in her career, but if you aren’t in the know then how would you have found this florist? ”
- Set your budget and be realistic with it. The main misconception about wedding flowers is that they are cheap. Most wedding florists will have a minimum spend for the day due to minimum order quantities, tools, experience, training, location, delivery fees, prep time, install, admin and install. We need a week to prep a wedding and 2-3 staff on the day, our average cost for a full wedding is £600 -£1000 for the flowers (and we are extremely competitively priced).
- Google works for its users if you use the right keywords, search for the following “Top rated wedding florist location” and “experienced wedding florist near me” then get analysing all the results.
- Choose your colour scheme and style. This is what Pinterest is made for. Florists are visual creatures and the more inspiration the better we can assist. Plus, you can share your Pinterest board directly with your florist/stylist and add to it together. Just bare in mind that some Pinterest weddings cost £££.
- Go to the IG feed of your wedding venue and look at their “tagged images”. Most florists will photograph and tag their work at venues. This will also give you a good insight as to how your venue could look with different styles, layouts and designs.
- Don’t only look at a florist’s socials. A reputable florist will have a website with a portfolio of work, reviews and pricing plans.
The Team – Pretty Meets Industrial Wedding At Asylum Chapel London
Photographer Greta Louise Photography @gretalouisephotography
Venue Asylum Chapel London @marverickprojects / Dress Millia London @millia.london / Styling Lavish Moments @lavishmomentsltd / Florist The V.V Group @the.v.v.group / Hair and Makeup Alyse Baker Artistry @alysebakersrtistry / Cake KKakes Weddings @kkakesweddings / Videographer @adamkontorfilms / Model Couple @modelcouplethepaynes
IF YOU LOVED THIS WEDDING AT ASYLUM CHAPEL PIN IT TO YOUR INSPIRATION BOARDS!
If you loved this wedding at Asylum Chapel you may also like;
Industrial Wedding with Chic Vibes and Bridal Separates
Industry Expert Advice – Why you need to hire a Wedding Planner
Contemporary Wedding Inspiration with Eclectic Grey Styling and Flower Crowns
Wedding Businesses - Get Business Support!
Sign up to receive our weekly email focused on supporting you to grow your wedding business. You'll also get PR opportunities, show news and information on our charity masterclasses.
You must be logged in to post a comment.