Halloween is nearly upon us so to celebrate we thought we would share a Halloween cocktail recipe or two; perfect for a Halloween wedding. To be honest they look wonderful for any autumnal wedding – or indeed any wedding! For the teetotals amongst you (or the drivers) simply swap out the booze!
Honey and Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
4 tbsp pomegranate juice drink from a carton
4 tbsp orange juice
4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (3-4 limes)
2 tbsp Rowse Clear Honey
6 tbsp vodka (optional)
Handful of ice cubes
Twist of orange peel, to garnish (optional)
- Honey and pomegranate makes a great alternative to the classic cosmopolitan. You can leave out the vodka for a mocktail. This amount makes 2-3 cocktails depending on the size of glasses.
- Put all of the ingredients apart from the orange peel into a cocktail shaker with the ice. Shake vigorously then strain into two or three cocktail glasses. Drop a twist of orange peel into each and serve.
The Spicy Lugger
– Lugger Rum 50ml
– Strawberry & Lime Syrup 20ml*
– Angostura Bitters 2 dashes
– West Country Cider 30ml
– Sprig of Rosemary
– Spiced Powder**
- Fill up the cocktail mixer or directly into a rocks glass with all main ingredients and stir
- Fill glass with crushed ice and stir 5-10 times to chill drink
- Top up with more crushed ice and top up with cider rosemary and straw
- Light a match and hover this over the cocktail, with your other hand take your pre-batched spiced powder & gently dust this on top of cocktail which will result with a fire pit effect
*Strawberry and Lime Syrup: In a bowl, muddle 50g of sugar, 10 strawberries, the skin of two limes, and the juice of one lime. Leave for 10 – 30 minutes in fridge and strain syrup through a sieve.
**Spice Mix Powder: Mix equal parts of icing sugar, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder.
The Cornish Corpse Reviver
With Tarquin’s Distillery in Cornwall
40ml Tarquin’s Cornish Dry Gin
25ml Dry Vermouth
25ml Lemon Juice
10ml Tarquin’s Cornish Pastis
5ml vial of Tarquin’s Blackberry Gin
- Place all of your wet ingredients, except from the vial of Blackberry Gin to an iced cocktail shaker and shake hard for 20 seconds.
- Double strain in to a rocks glass filled with ice, garnish with a lemon twist and then slowly drip over the Blackberry Gin.
200mls clear apple Juice
25mls Birch and Elderflower Wild Scottish Spirit
50mls Birch and Elderflower Wild Scottish Liqueur
Small cinnamon stick
2 large orange slices
Apple slices for garnish
- Add all ingredients except the apple slices in to saucepan and warm slowly trying to avoid boiling.
- Once heated through for a few minutes, to allow flavours to develop, pour in to a serving cup.
- Add small apple slices as garnish.
Please do drink responsibly and enjoy!
IF YOU LOVED THESE HALLOWEEN COCKTAIL IDEAS WHY NOT PIN IT
For more Halloween wedding ideas read yesterday’s blog: Halloween Wedding Grown Up Glam Styling Ideas